Licensed Clinic Nurse LPN / RN
Meet our hiring managers on June 26th.
At DaVita Medical Group we strive to behave as a Community first and a Company second. That means creating a legitimately differentiated workplace where our mission "to be the provider, partner, and employer of choice" for patients, as well as our core values and guiding principles to be "physician-led, patient-centered, and clinically-focused" live with unusual reverence and energy.
We are now hiring an LPN Clinic Nurse.
Under the direction of the Provider, the LPN Clinic Nurse provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols, established standards of nursing practice, and the FL Nurse Practice Act. You will promptly screen patients with signs or symptoms of illness and work with the clinical team for appropriate treatment, plan of care and disposition. You will also ensure patient monitoring and follow up. The LPN Clinic Nurse reports to the Center Administrator.
• 2–5 years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care is preferred.
• Experience with electronic health records (EHR) is preferred.
• Certificate in Practical Nursing required.
• Valid Florida LPN license.
• Ability to obtain CPR certification within 60 days of employment.
• Ability to obtain IV Certification within 90 days of employment.
• Must have consistent, punctual, and reliable attendance.
• Ability to travel as necessary based on business need.
• Ability to work overtime based on business need.
• Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
• Represent the company in a professional manner, following all company policies and procedures.
• Use, protect, and disclose DaVita Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
• Contribute to and support the corporation's quality initiatives by planning, communicating and encouraging team and individual.
• Maintain a strong focus on quality and continuous improvement within job scope.
• Maintain an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting the Provider in the monitoring of members’ health care needs.
• Assist the Care Manager and Provider in the follow-up management of post-hospitalized or post-emergency room visits.
• Comprehensively screen patients for care opportunities and collaborate with treating physician and Registered Nurse to develop care plans that meet patients’ needs and result in appropriate quality care.
• Provides condition-specific patient education and anticipatory guidance, as well as care coordination, under the guidance of the Provider and/or Registered Nurse.
• Maintain clinical documentation within the medical records assuring compliance within all guidelines.
• Provide health teaching.
• Provide direct nursing care, comfort measures, emotional support to patients.
• Comprehensively screen patients for care opportunities and collaborate with treating physician to identify referrals to care management.
• Execute orders of Provider based on knowledge of cause and effect of order after verifying accuracy.
• Perform selected IV therapy and administer prescribed treatment per Provider order.
• Document all interventions, responses, and outcomes.
• Initiate standard emergency procedures until Registered Nurse, Provider or EMS is available.
• Apply principles of asepsis and infection control.
• Comply with Company’s Code of Conduct, HIPAA regulations.
• Ability to interact and verbally communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner with excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task; must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in MS.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of December 31, 2016, DaVita Medical Group’s 2,000 employed clinicians, 12,000 teammates, and network of 13,000 affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.